The Sennheiser S1 DIGITAL aviation headset is designed to give you maximum control over noise levels in the cockpit, so you can focus on the joy of flying and never miss a word.
Click the links below to view Sennheiser's videos on the S1 Digital headset:
The S1 DIGITAL
aviation headset incorporates the latest in digital technology. Featuring NoiseGard™ / digital noise compensation and excellent passive noise attenuation, the headset is currently the only one on the market that provides optimum protection against cockpit noise over the entire frequency range. The S1 DIGITAL has been designed for use in noisy one- and two-engine propeller aircraft and helicopters.
- Smart Update digital ANR customizes noise reduction to the user’s aircraft environment
- Headband tension adjustment for customized comfort
- Treble boost for customized audio clarity
- Peak-level protection for hearing safety
- Ear-pad comfort zones do not squeeze on user's glasses
- Specially designed communication and music filters optimize sound quality
- Bluetooth phone and music connectivity
- Built-in mic bias voltage for cell-phone use
S1 Technology Explained
The curves to the right begin at the top with a typical aircraft cockpit noise level, showing peaks which represent propeller beats, engine rotation noise, cockpit fan noise, etc. The lightest blue area (3 – 25 dB of noise reduction) represents the noise reduction a purely passive headset can provide. The next darker blue area represents the noise reduction that a typical analog ANR headset can provide (10-15 dB) in the low frequency range. The darkest blue area shows what Sennheiser NoiseGard Digital can achieve: a customized, extended frequency noise reduction of an additional 10-20 dB for a total of up to 40+ dB of overall noise attenuation. The curve shows how peaks from the engine and propeller blade noise are smoothed out by NoiseGard™ Digital although in reality the sounds that they make can still be heard, but at a more comfortable, less annoying volume.
- Transducer Principle: dynamic, closed
- Ear coupling: circum-aural
- Frequency range: 20-16.000 Hz
- Impedance: mono: 130 Ohm passive / 180 active, stereo: 260 Ohm passive / 360 active
- SPL: 98 dB SPL at 1kHz, 1V, 90dB SPL at 1 kHz, 1 mW
- Max. SPL: 115 dB SPL at 1 kHz
- Distortion: 115 dB SPL at 1 kHz
- Contact Pressure: approx. 6 - 9 N
- Type: BKE S1-P
- Transducer Principle: pre-polarized condenser microphone, noise-compensating
- Frequency range: 100 Hz - 10 kHz
- Output voltage: 20 - 80 mV/Pa adjustable, 35 mV/Pa (factory pre-set)
- Terminating impedance: 150 - 2.200 Ohm
- Supply voltage: 8 - 16 VDC
- Operating temperature: -15 °C...+55 °C
- Storage temperature: -55 °C...+70 °C
- Weight w/o cable: 14.5 oz
- Cable length: 2.1 m / approx. 6.89 ft.
- Power supply from aircraft: 12 - 35 VDC (150 mA / 12 VDC)
- Power supply with batteries: 2 x AA batteries
- Bluetooth standard: 2.1 + DER
- Supported profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
- Range: 10m
Transport Case for Headset and Accessories
Wind and Pop Screen
CLICK HERE for information about purchasing the Sennheiser S1 DIGITAL aviation headset.